Thursday (Heather)

Posted by Heather On Thursday, October 1 2 comments
So I don't have A TON to write about but I don't want to bore you all to death either. Since I last blogged I haven't done much, it's been a pretty stressful week at school with another big art project and my first spanish exam (which I hopefully didn't fail) And I also missed monday class on top of it all because of gina...seriously nothing makes it better. I am on the pill now and prescription painkillers. But, nope not even a bit better. But I didn't miss a lot luckily, just a couple math assignments and group work and I caught up, it was just a pain, literally and figuratively. I guess maybe I should start with last weekend-Last friday I went grocery shopping and to sbux and subway. It was my first time going anywhere off campus besides Water Street, which doesn't really count. But It was pretty fun even though I went with Kayla. I just love grocery shopping :] But then I got back and watched a movie and cleaned. And Saturday I went downtown with Tim, but not much was down there and it was all like gifty and artsy shops and he didn't want to shop at all and was being super crabby so I kind of ditched him once we got back on campus and went and slept and worked on stuff I really needed to be doing. It is so dead here on the weekends. Like everybody either goes home or stays in their dorm, like everything on lower campus was closed even the student center and caf down there and it was just eerily quiet. And then saturday night I went with my friend Mallory to this concert in The Cabin, our acoustic cafe, and it was this guy named Jeremy Messersmith (actually click the link!) performing and he is actually a song writing teacher at my brother's school and he was really good! I met him after and talked to him and we got his cd and free tattoos :] And we decided we didn't want to walk up the hill in the dark because it's quite creepy and probably pretty dangerous actually so we took the drunk van back to the dorm and that was fun. While we were waiting for it was had a good conversation about how we have no black kids here, because we don't. Well there's one, he's half and has dreads and probably got a full ride to come here haha. But she's from West St. Paul and went to sibley and both her and her roommate are really cool. And they actually offered to have a slumber party with me while Charlie was staying over. But instead me and Mallory decided to watch a movie so I made egg rolls and she made ramen and we had a little pow wow in the lounge and her roommate brought homemade fudge! But Garrett started talking to me and me and Mallory got talking too and before we knew it, it was 1:30 and we decided to go to bed before we even started the movie, but that was ok because it was more fun talking and finally feeling like I have some friends here that I can do things with. So things are getting better and I'm finally feeling settled and I am so excited to go home this weekend! It's only been 3 weeks but it's tough being so close but not close enough that anyone can visit or I can travel anywhere. I hate that people are like you NEED to stay there longer because I feel like I am doing just fine and I need to the break from Kayla every few weeks. She has been a huge bitch lately and I think she is really unhappy here being away from home and Charlie but there is no excuse to take it out on me. Like ok on Tuesday she was asking me like when you have cramps what happens like how do you feel, and i was like well I get really weak and nauseous and I puke alot of the time and I've passed out and I can't really eat, and she just goes  - Oh Perfect! I don't feel like going to class tomorrow because I don't want to practice so I'm just going to tell my teacher I have really bad cramps...UMM not ok! Because of people like her, teachers don't believe the cramps excuse which is extremely unfair to me and for her to be that rude and irresponsible. I wanted to hit her. And sure enough she slept in the next day until past 11, that's when I left her at least. I just couldn't believe that, like she gets no homework except Astronomy which she loves and her only other homework is to practice piano, oboe and sight read. And she puts it off until I'm in the room so I have to listen to her or she doesn't do it at all and then I get to listen to her complain when her teachers are really mad at her or give her bad grades. And basically, I am meeting with my RA because this cannot continue. Like It's affecting me at this point too and none of her problems should be mine too, like I don't complain to her and put the blame on her for things I probably should (like her extreme messiness) But, I'm trying to deal with that the best I can and focus on my own homework and projects and sleep and skyping with Rusty because those are my main priorities right now! But I should probably go pack up my summer clothes so I can make room for my winter sweaters and coats in my dresser and closet. And for those of you that I will see tomorrow, I can't wait! And for those of you that aren't coming home, I miss you! Love you all!

2 comments to Thursday (Heather)

  1. says:

    Lizzie Mae Skyping with Rusty is a priority.
    I love it!
    And you. : )

  1. says:

    roar-e Can i please skype with rusty too?? haha!
    But I miss you a lot girly! And I hope your RA has some good suggestions or can help some how because that is ridiculous and you shouldn't have to deal with it! Ohh winter clothes really... that sucks! But I'm glad you have made friends and are feeling more comfortable!! Love you and miss you!!

Post a Comment