Ok, so I don't have a ton to blog about. I am really eager to get to bed and maybe actually read a little. I guess I'll just start with last weekend. I was really excited to go home but then when I got there I felt just like I did in high school, extremely left out and not as close with everyone as I should be. Me and Garrett were fighting like old times and basically he was being really stupid and only wanted to hang out with Jess even though he'd made plans with me and seemed excited I was coming home. But after the football game when we went to Perkin's he called me and we talked for like 20 minutes because he just needed to and I realized that this is just hard for him, he's trying to make a life of his own beyond us, but then we come back and he has to put that on hold and go back to how things used to be. We seemed to sort things out though and ended up hanging out most of the weekend into Sunday night actually. It's just a change to not see him or talk to him much for weeks when we used to spend almost every minute either together or on the phone together.
My weekend turned out to be pretty good overall. I spent Sunday night at home because I had a bad cold and I wanted to sleep in my own bed for another night and Rusty slept on my stomach the entire night :] And then Monday my mom took me back but my cold was getting worse so I went to class but basically got back to my dorm and collapsed. I didn't go to class Tuesday, which worked out for the best because it was freezing cold and pouring rain. Unfortunately in college you still have to turn in your homework which was semi miserable walking all the way to lower campus and across the river in the cold and rain with a major head cold and I just did not enjoy it one bit.
Today I was in a really good mood, I had tech and spanish and color and comp. I ran into Katie Laubach waiting for the bus and it's always nice to see someone I know. Then I came back to my room to find my friend Mallory had decorated my door with random notes and post-it notes and pictures. And Erik is coming to visit Saturday which will be really nice! Kayla has had visitors every weekend i've been here plus some so It's finally my turn! I'm not sure what exactly we're going to do yet, there's a farmer's market and a choir festival and a play and an acoustic performance plus parties and a latin dance club and a campus movie...So we'll find something I'm sure.
Thankfully this week went by very fast and I can only hope the following weeks do too. I just want it to be thanksgiving already! Like it makes me tear up thinking about actually getting to be home for more than 2 days! I need to get to bed asap though! I want my 10 hours of sleep! Love you all, Miss you all! <3 HB (I miss being called hb...)
0 comments to Thursday (Heather)