hey ladies :] i wish i had something interesting to write about but I really don't... so we'll just see where this goes.
Classes are good. (i figured I'd start with that because that's why i went to college, yeah?) My theology class is interesting because I've never had a theology class haha... English is alright. it makes it a lot more entertaining that my professor is a short little British man. French is so much better since I went down a level - and I have it with Kristin Erickson haha. My professor reminds me of Madame Ostergaard minus the crazy. And microeconomics is good mostly due to the boy i sit by. still crushin, but I'll get over it. i just keep waiting for him to say something really dumb/mean/douchey so i can hate on him, but it hasn't happened yet. We still just talk during class but that's okay. I'm not gonna ask for his number unless I have an actual reason because I really don't want him to think I'm making a move or something... he is just a really cool person and I'd be totally fine getting to know him on a STRICTLY friend basis.
Tomorrow night, our floor is going out to dinner with a floor from Ireland Hall, which is where all the jocks live, stereotypically. haha that isn't even our "brother hall" but whatever. we're dressing up and stuff so hopefully it'll be fun.
I really feel like I'm settling in here. My sister came to visit on Saturday and it felt weird, like she was in my personal space. I feel like this is more of my home than I thought I'd feel. Everywhere I go, I see SOMEONE I know, or at least recognize from class or something. Which I didn't really expect from the biggest private college in the state. I'm really not homesick, and I especially don't miss my parents! haha i feel terrible saying that but all I really miss (and only sometimes) are my room, YOU GUYS (and other friends), and some stuff about high school, like Now and Then, Chorale, drama... our lunch table haha. stuff like that. but I really do like it here :]
I had my first rehearsal for jazz singers yesterday, and it made miss now and then so much... I know this isn't a blog for now and then but.. yeah. i didn't realize how much i still miss that family. the other people in jazz singers seem pretty cool, and I'm singing soprano haha! but the director seems a little weird, and definitely not as good as wigley. (who could be?!) but i really like my director for choir.. she seems to know more than this guy haha. oh well, it'll probably be fun, and it's only 1-2 days a week and I get 1 credit for it per semester so yay :]
i'm also going to join dance club and maybe some other clubs too. there was an activity fair thing today but i missed it because i went out to lunch with Bradley.. it was fun to catch up. he's back together with his girlfriend but he seems really happy with her so hopefully it'll be good for him. he's made some big changes in how he lives his life, which I'm really proud of. i just don't know her personally so i hope she's a good influence and i hope he's not just running back to her because he's lonely. there's only so much i can do to protect other people.
I'm probably coming home next Friday night for homecoming!! i don't know how long I'll stay, possibly just until Saturday, but I'll be there for the game and such! I'm also coming home for hello dolly the first weekend (the 13th-14th) so hopefully i can see you guys then too.
I wish I had some important event to inform y'all of, but I really don't. I'm almost worried that I'll get bored here, or just feel like nothing new or exciting is happening. But I think I'll definitely keep myself busy enough and I can always join something new if I need something new. I tried to party on Saturday but there weren't any good ones that didn't get busted haha it was a terrible weekend for parties apparently. I'll probably go out this weekend though :] don't worry, I'll be safe.
I love you all and I'll see some of you at home next Friday! Have a terrific Tuesday<3
lots of love,
maddy
2 comments to Tommie Tuesday - Maddy
-
Lizzie Mae You have no idea how much I miss you.
You probably won't get bored, especially if you're joining stuff!
I cannot WAIT to see you!!!
roar-e Mads we are two birds of a feather!
I'm glad you are liking it more and feeling like you are fitting in and that is is your home! That is always a plus for sure!! And congrats on the choir thing!! I wanna see a performance!! Hmm videotape? haha! And this boy sounds good... you never know what may happen! And as for lack of stories... same here darling! No worries! Welcome to my life too! But I know it will turn around for you! It will happen when you least expect it and it will be wonderful! And I know I am getting a yeah right look right now but idk what else to tell you girl! But dance club sounds great! And I miss you mucho chica!!! Let's skype sometime!!! Love ya!! :)