Terrific Thursday? (Heather)

Posted by Heather On Thursday, September 17 4 comments
So I just got back from dinner with Tim and Kayla came too so that was fun. They finally made me a veggie burger after I literally asked for one everytime I went to the caf. I haven't had a single good meal here and I am constantly hungry :[ but back to Tim...


Last night he invited me to his dorm to hang out and we watched mythbusters and arrested development which is verrrryyyy funny! So...yeah...that was fun. And today we had Color class at 8 (ugh) but we ate lunch and talked for a while then decided we'd both be better off napping haha so we walked back to our dorms and then tonight he invited me to the college dems meeting but I was getting ready to do laundry so i told him rain check and he decided he wasn't going either but decided to come hang out at my dorm instead and watched as i did laundry, which I didn't realize was mostly underwear...oops. But then we went to dinner because the tv lounge was being used and there wasn't anything else to do and we were supposed to watch the office tonight in his dorm but he had a volleyball game at 8:15. But basically in a nut shell he is really nice and pretty shy. He laughs a lot and seems to overall have strong values but I feel like a chatty cathy around him because I initiate most of the conversations and I don't know if it just takes him a while to open up or if he really is just reserved and quiet. 


There really isn't anything new here besides that, I try so hard to meet people it just gets frustrating and doesn't seem worth it after a while. Like I am overly friendly and I have been myself more than ever before, I just feel like I must be doing something wrong. Some of the girls in my spanish class seem pretty cool though and I just switched into this section this week so hopefully I will get a couple of friends out of that...Parent's weekend is this weekend so my mom and dad are coming tomorrow night and staying through sunday afternoon. We are also having a wing slumber party in the basement so hopefully the girls in my cube start being nicer, they have been extremely exclusive and gossipy lately which there is no need for and they go to dinner without even telling me even though my door is wide open? Yeah that and Kayla is one of those people who only needs her boyfriend and somebody to talk about her boyfriend to and nobody else. Like she never wants to do anything except call him or skype him and they don't even have a good relationship. He came to visit last Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and let me tell you that was WAY too long. And to top it off he's coming back next weekend and she just assumed that I would go home again, too bad my parents are going out of town.  It's getting to the point where most of the time I want to punch her, honestly. She keeps saying how well she understands people and how well she listens but she has never let me talk and even if she did I feel like she would judge me right away and come to all of these false conclusions about my life because that's what she does to herself. I just want someone to talk to and confide in and relate to, you know? But there just isn't anyone there and as of now, there doesn't really seem to be anyone that could even be that person. Sorry if this is depressing. But I am really beginning to doubt whether Eau Claire is right for me. I just want to go home and stay home until I find a suitable replacement because this is not it.

4 comments to Terrific Thursday? (Heather)

  1. says:

    Maddy okay who is tim? haha i dunno if i'm just stupid or out of the loop. and just give it some more time, i think things will get better. i'm starting to get to know people from classes and stuff who i didn't know initially either, or didn't talk to right away. granted, i've been here for less time than you have, but sometimes you meet people under weird circumstances that you wouldn't expect. if you really don't think it's right for you, then you can look at other options or something, but i think you just need some more time :]

    i hope things get better soon. i miss you, lets skype again soon :]

  1. says:

    Alabama Well Tim is exciting news.

    And Kayla makes me mad. I want someone to listen to my bootsy :(

    Maybe you should transfer to Luther! Haha. No but honestly...I would give it a few weeks and see how things go. Maybe things will magically turn around. :) I love youuuu

  1. says:

    Lizzie Mae Heather, I really totally know what you mean. Just keep putting yourself out there, maybe join some more activities? You'll start clicking with people soon, I know it.

    Kayla does sound annoying. Especially with all the dumb boyfriend stuff all the time. I'd just tell her that it's my room too, and I want some time without boys.

    I love you a lot!!! Miss you!
    We need to skype soon!

  1. says:

    roar-e HB BUMBLEEBEE!!!

    Hey darling!!! Tim sounds like a pretty sweet dudeee! Keep the stories coming because you know how I love them!! And you duhh!!

    But Kayla... Ughh that does not sound like fun! Hopefully she will mellow out soon and realize she cant be that bf obsessed girl that can't listen to anyone else! But I agree with Lizzie in that you need to be like yooo this is my room too and I;m not gonna evacuate whenever you bf comes so deal!

    And yeahhh just keep doing what you are doing and it will pay off! You meet ppl at the most unusual and random times and bam connection! It will happen! Like the first month month and a half is going to be the hardest! But I have faith in you! You can do it!!

    Oh and if it doesn't COME TO BOSTON!!!! Like for real... you wouldn't have to come to Brandeis... but there are like 100 gaziliion colleges here soo just something to think about :)

    Miss you mucho girly!!!! More skype chatting/ eating soon?

    TE AMOOOOO

    p.s. sorry this is ridiculously long!

Post a Comment