Mav Monday-- Lizzie

Posted by Lizzie Mae On Monday, September 21 4 comments
WHOA. I cannot believe I almost forgot to blog!

But I have a good reason for almost frogetting, I promise.

I'm not even sure where to start.

But this last week has been SIGNIFICANTLY better than any other down here. (Or up here if your name is Ali Drube.)

I don't really know where to start. How about just the important stuff? I think so.

I've had some testosterone in my life. I had been fb flirting with one of the guys I met in IMPACT. And Thursday night we had an event and we saw each other for the first time since we'd been flirting and it was just kind of awkward cause it was like, "Oh hey, we've been flirting for the past three days straight. Um... Cool." So it was kind of cute awkward. But I made a few friends in IMPACT that night. Which was really good for me. Because I did click with them. Unlike the other people I've been around.

Saturday night. Oh boy. What a night. And let me tell you why. There was another event that David (this guy) and my other friends were all going to. So I went, we got to decorate pots and plant a plant! So I now have a plant in my room named Gwendolyn. ; )
Anyway there was also karaoke so yes, I was over there for quite a while. (Which reminds me- I also sang at open mic night. By myself. Scary. But it was fun, too.) And while I was over there, one of the advisors (who is gay and super funny) was playing like, "matchmaker." And was setting me up with this other guy named Dave. (Not the same guy.) And he had us exchange numbers and everything. It was kind of fun actually. But then I had to go do some more work for the event. And when I went back to sing with one of my friends some more, this Dave guy came back over. So I was all, "okay, yeah, let's talk some more." So we went up and were singing and he had his arm around me, whatever. But then his arm/hand started wandering... down to my waist, toward my front, on my butt... and then some warning signs flashed. Caused we were in a highly lit area with people watching us. So I was trying to tell if he was drunk but I couldn't smell his breath easily. Anyway when he finally left he like grabbed my butt and said goodbye. Ick.
While we were all cleaning up afterwards, Dave texted me asking me to hang out with him. I didn't want to cause I was creeped out. So Shannon, Karlos, and David (IMPACT friends) invited me to chill with them at David's dorm suit. So I did. They were drinking but I wasn't which wasn't a big deal at all. But three hours later, I was teaching Karlos (who's from Honduras and a year or two older) how to play Go Fish and King's Corners. While Shannon and David were texting the whole time. I'm not sure if you all know this or not, but I HATE when people text each other all night when they're in the same room. Anyway so I decided I wanted to go back to my room which was clear across campus and I didn't want to walk back myself. So Karlos offered to walk me back. On the way back we found out that David and Shannon were hooking up. Hm. David? You're done. Haha. It's no big deal. But I was just like, "that's gross." And then I found out Karlos is gay. Damn. He's attractive and nice. But whatever cause I now have a good gay friend!! I'm quite excited about that. And on the way back, some guy freaked the crap out of us wearing a scary clown mask. I screamed. Karlos screamed. I screamed at Karlos "Aren't you supposed to be protecting me?!" Fail. Haha.

OH! And then today! (Maddy, you will appreciate this one) I was walking into my dorm building and all I hear is some guy say, "Hey you! Hold on a second!" So I turned around and I was like, "Uh, yes?" And he said, "Did you go to Lakeville North?"
"Yeah, I did! Haha, did you?"
"Yeah! I keep seeing you walking around and I recognized you but never knew where I've seen you before... Were you in theatre?"
"Haha! Yeah I was! Small world!"
"Yeah I know!"
So then we exchanged names and we're facebook friends now. I seriously had never seen this kid before in my life. Jared Castrellon? Do any of you know him? Haha I thought it was HILARIOUS. I laughed so hard. But I was like, that is really really cool.


This weekend Emily is coming down to visit for a night which will be fun. Especially cause my roommate is going to be gone so it'll be like France all over again.

Today I ate a California Pork Sandwich for lunch. And now my tummy is all bubbly. It's quite annoying.

I was invited to go swing dancing tonight by Karlos, but I couldn't find anyone to go with. So I will next Monday. Which means I'll have to update earlier than this.

Next week is homecoming for Mankato (along with North) so that'll be a fun week. I'm coming home though at least for the game. Probably all weekend. Trina, and Heather you'll be home, right? Maddy you were thinking about it? Ali isn't. Ruairi isn't. Anyone know about Lauren?

I hate all the reading I have to do for classes. Before, I didn't mind. But now that I'm more involved, it's veryyy annoying and time consuming. Not really helpful so far I can see with the exams I've already taken. I've had at least one in every class excpet Physical Geography. So I guess we'll see.

In summary, I'm doing better than I have been. I'll be home for homecoming. And I miss you all soo much! Like, I'm not just saying that. It's weird not to see you guys. : /


QUOTE!!:
I don't know how you do it, but despite everything, you make me a better person.

BONUS!!:
Realize what's important in your life; what you can live with, but more importantly, what you can't live without.

4 comments to Mav Monday-- Lizzie

  1. says:

    Maddy haha im surprised you almost forgot too because you're always the one who doesn't let anyone else forget!!

    that name sounds really really REALLYYY vaguely familiar (the really applies to the vaguely, not the familiar.) so i'll think about it haha.

    i'm so glad you're doing better!! and yeah i'm thinking about it, i really want to but it's parents weekend so i'm not sure what my parents are thinking as far as that goes... but i'm going to see if i could at least come home friday night and then go back saturday or sunday. we'll see :]

  1. says:

    trina <3 i am so happy that you're having a good time!

    and i am so entirely stoked to see you homecoming!!!!! like seriously...it's been a while and i need to just freak out with you. i mean i am thinking friday night whoever's home can come to my house and make some more chocolatey goodness of some sort and just blast music and chill out. it shall be AWESOME! i would even kick my boy out for the night to do that with you guys...i mean that's a pretty legit offer, and he wouldn't mind!!!

    gahhhhhh srsly...bturally excited right now.

  1. says:

    roar-e Lizzie!!
    I knew things would get better :)
    I have a gay friend too!!
    And yeah I have never heard of that guy but that is ridiculously random!!!! hahahahaha!! It's a small world after all!

    Haha!
    Love you girlll!!
    I'm glad things are well!!

    Oh and I also can't believe you almost forgot to post!! RIDICULOUSSSS!

  1. says:

    Alabama Told you it would get better. :) Sounds like a crazy eventful week! I miss youuuuuuu

Post a Comment