-I started the week with nude portraits...and blacking out twice in class. That was a good time.
-I went to the doctor the next day and she thought something might be wrong with my heart, but after a lot of testing and going back for blood testing on Friday, there was nothing wrong with me, but because of my symptoms when I had come in, she concluded I have a nerve disorder where when I'm standing or stand up too fast my blood pressure lowers so much that I black out and I don't have the nerve stimulation for my brain to step in and raise it like most people do. It's nothing serious, unless it begins happening more frequently...so for now I just have to live with it...but i'm glad nothing is seriously wrong, because it was a pretty scary week.
-On the school front, I had my first sculpture project, which was with partners and once my partner, Katie, and I got it together we did very well, and our critique went really well too. None of my other classes were too exciting...
-I went to this illusionist show on Thursday with a couple of my friends and ran into Chris Kidder and he was being very friendly, like always haha. But we were waiting in line and there weren't a ton of people there early but there was this guy standing by me with his girlfriend and I could not figure out where I knew him from and I was just staring at him for the longest time...then I realized he is my model in life drawing, and that I didn't recognize him with his clothes on. Awkward right? Well then we get into the auditorium and he is sitting right in front of me and totally sees me. And then the show got really weird, because the first half was SO good, so amazing then during the second half the guy, all of a sudden just started preaching, and like yelling at us about Jesus. So then we find out that the whole event was sponsored by our super christian group called student impact and they had sneakily convinced a good chunk of the student body to come to this show, it was very uncomfortable...so yeah that happened.
-It's very nice not having class on fridays, but it also makes me feel very lazyyyy....like after I have 3 day weekends I REALLY don't want to go back...
-On the boy front. Ugh. Matt. Ugh. That's all I have to say. He needs to just decide what he wants to do, i've told him exactly how I feel and what I think we should do...so now he just needs to get it together. I don't know.
-I get to go home next weekend! Which I am partly dreading, because it will be boring, but I have been feeling very trapped here too without a car and since all of my friends went home pretty much...and then I get to come back in time to spend Valentine's alone...and Kayla's boyfriend will be here (insert puking noise) He has been legitimately disrespectful to me lately and I would rather he never came to visit again...
-On a positive note, yesterday was a ton of fun! My friend Briana went home friday night, because she lives like 10 minutes away, but she came back because her best friend from High School was coming to visit. Her friend goes to St. Olaf and brought her roommate and other friend with and we all went to the mall and hung out on water street and went to dinner then. And they were soooo much fun! They are all theatre majors and they reminded me of you guys so much! And we all decided that we're going to go clubbing and hang out at some point in the cities...And randomly the one girl asked me if I knew Matt Mills when I told her I was from Lakeville, and I was like uhhhh yeahhhh,,,,I've gone to school with him since like 2nd grade...and she was like WEIRD I was skyping with him last night, apparently her 2 best guy friends go to NYU and are friends with Matt? and yeah. Small world. Since she's from Portland...
That's basically my week in a nutshell...yeah. That's all. Love you all, Miss you all! xoxo
ps. in case you're wondering what i'm working on...here's some stuff from first semester.
And just for lizzie...my self portrait...
Lizzie Mae Ummm you need to upload your cough self portrait please. : )