Hey girls! It’s been a busy week and definitely a lot different from the last 6 haha. No more baking cookies and watching tlc all day long for maddy! I’m just going to number my thoughts too…
1. I got a job! You all probably saw that on facebook but I’m so excited! I had an interview with the lady right away on Monday and she had only emailed 8 people about interviewing for 2 spots out of 53 applicants. So I just went and talked to her and it was the most informal interview I could have ever expected. So yeah I start on Saturday and I’ll be working like 11 hours a week which is perfect I think.
2. My classes are alright… I kind of hate philosophy already though haha but hopefully it’ll get better. My sociology professor was one of the 3 adults in my French class last semester which is super funny and awesome because she’s great haha. My cojo class is cool too and I met a guy who likes watching people throw up… but he didn’t show up for the 2nd day so I’m thinking he dropped it haha. What a bummer. He seemed interesting.
3. I’m doing this thing called tutor-mentor where you go to schools around here and help younger kids with whatever in school. We start in like 2 weeks with training next week but I’m pretty excited for it! My friend Denise is doing it too and it counts for service hours and all that good stuff.
4. Boys boys boys. I have a disease. One where I only like boys with girlfriends.
So there’s this guy in choir named Ben who I’ve thought is really cute for awhile haha he was in my small voice lesson group so I would always joke with allye how I had a huge crush on him and whatever but he’s going out with this girl that I don’t know but she’s in my sociology class.. whatever. Anyway he’s in my stats class and on the first day I was waiting outside of the door because the other class wasn’t done yet and then I saw him like waiting on the other side so I just gave him the casual like “I kind of know you” smile and he waved and went in when the class was done… the room is set up with tables of 2 (convenient, yeah?) so he sat down at one before I was even in the room and I was like “hey, mind if I join you?” and he’s like “no please do! I’m so glad I know somebody in this class!” and I was like “yeah me too I don’t know anyone in any of my other classes!” and we talked about break and whatever and it was grand. :] we have choir right before it but we get out early all the time so the first day I just awkwardly walked around… yesterday I went down the hall from where our class is because I figured I’d find a couch or a chair somewhere and lucky for me, I rounded the corner to find Ben sitting on a couch. So I said hi and he was like “care to join?” so I did and we talked about stats and choir and cool stuff like that haha. Anyway. It’s just a little crush and it’s nice to have someone I actually know in that class.
5. My roommate… y’all know how much I just LOVE HER. (yeah, not a lot. Haha.) She’s been hanging out with us a lot lately because she just doesn’t really have anyone else. I was looking at her facebook and saw that she was talking to her sister about housing for next year (which I’ll get to) and she was like “I think everyone’s already figured it out and I have a suspicion they left me out.” It made me feel really bad for her but at the same time, I honestly CANNOT live with her next year. I can’t sacrifice my sanity and my happiness for another year. But I do feel bad. As in, I pity her. But she brings it on herself. She doesn’t need to be so obnoxious or dramatic or negative but she is. Which causes people to not want to live with her.
6. Housing is a whooooole other situation that would take forever to explain haha. Basically it’s complicated and confusing and stressful but I have options and people who I want to live with who also want to live with me… it’s just really confusing because different buildings have rooms for different numbers of people and I’d rather live with some people than others but it’ll all work itself out and as long as I’m not with jess I will probably be alright. Haha. :]
7. There’s this thing at our school called VISION which is “volunteers in service internationally or nationally” haha basically they go on mission trips and they have a bunch over spring break and I really want to go but it can get kind of expensive too. Yeah random but kind of interesting.
Sorry this is SO LONG but a lot has happened this week I guess! How lame is it that I can write so much about my life and writing like 200 words about something I don’t care about it so difficult… I’ll talk to you ladies next week and I hope you all are doing well! :] oh and I’m going to send more mail this semester so BE CHECKIN THAT SHIT. Sorry for the vulgarity.
Lizzie Mae Maddy should know better than to be friends with boys with girlfriends
Maddy should know better than that yeah she should know better...
; )
But he seems cool. So... good luck with that!