Hi. So I am back in school again, but I am going home tomorrow which is weird haha. Yeah being back at school has really sucked so far. I am kinda hating it here right now. I don't like being stressed. And I especially don't like being left out. But yeah, let's not talk about school. I will talk about my trip :)
On Friday I woke up at 4:30. Sam and I got dropped off at the airport. I got on a flight to Salt Lake City at 7:05. Sam didn't. He got on a flight to Bozeman, Montana instead. Then he was at the Bozeman airport while I was at the Salt Lake airport. Then I got on my flight to Reno and he got on a flight to Salt Lake. I arrived in Reno at 12:10. I left at 4:15. I spent 4 hours waiting for Sam to try and get on a flight....which never happened and waiting for our suitcase to arrive....which never happened. Haha, then my uncle picked me up at drove me back to his house which is an hour away. I kinda sat around and took a shower and watched some t.v. and had some dinner with my uncle. Then we left at 9 to go back to airport and pick up Sam and hopefully our bag. Sam was there. Bag wasn't. He spent a half hour waiting for someone to show up to help with the bag issue. Nobody showed up. We left at 11. Back to my Uncle's by midnight. End day 1. Time spent awake= 23 hours. Time spent waiting for bag to show up = 5 hours. Time spent driving to and from airport = 3 hours.
The next day we woke up and decided, who cares that our bag is lost, let's have fun anyways. So we went skiing at Heavenly. I spent an unfortunate 130 bucks, but skiing was fun and the views were beautiful and it was just nice to spend at day doing something fun instead of waiting around. After skiing we drove back to the airport in hopes of finding our bag. It was there! Hooray! Drove to Carson City and ate at Qdoba(pretty much the same as Chipotle) then went shopping at Walmart. Went back to my uncle's where we went in the hot tub for a bit before going to bed at 9.
Sunday we woke up and went to Kirkwood. This time I spent a grand total of 0 dollars. We got slightly cheaper buddy tickets off my uncle's season pass and Sam decided to pay for my ticket. What a sweet boy :) We liked Kirkwood at lot better than Heavenly. It was cheaper, less crowded, and had better runs. Plus my uncle had gone with us so he knew all the good places to go. I went down some really ridiculous runs and I was really proud of myself. I fell just once and it was when I was standing at the bottom of a hill not moving waiting for my uncle and Sam. I just randomly tipped over. Haha. I go down a black diamond and I'm fine but standing still on flat ground makes me tip. Hmm. Anyways, after a good long tiring day of skiing we went back to my uncle's. Sam and I went on a little walk through his neighborhood and met some llamas, a pony and a lot of white pick up trucks. Then we grilled chicken for din din, I posted pictures on facebook and we watched about half of "Something about Mary". Then we went night night.
Monday woke up at 3:30. Sam got on both the flights I was on, as did the bag. We got back to Minneapolis about 1:30 and Sam's mommy picked us up. We got some delicious roast beef sandwiches at Walley's for lunch, went back to my house to unpack and repack quick and then Sam drove me back to Luther. End trip.
Moral of the Story: Never fly stand-by to a popular skiing place at a popular spring break time. And also, even when so many things go wrong, you can always make the best of a situation. (It helps being with someone you love a whole lot :))
THE END
2 comments to Wednesday
-
Maddy i love you being optimistic! haha it sounds like you had fun anyway and yeah like lizzie i would've been like... whaaaat do i do?!
i wish i could see you again since you're home for easter but there are like 3 days and most of them filled with family stuff haha :[
Lizzie Mae That plane situation would get me soooo confused. And stressed. I'm glad you handled it so well. : )
Sounds like you had a blast!
Sorry school isn't going so well- but you know it will get better. It always does. : )
Love youu