Sorry for the dumb title haha. So I am thinking I owe you guys a long post since my last one was virtually non-existant. And a lot has happened since then anyways haha so here goes.
So I found a roommate for next year! I hadn't met her before, but both my friends Amy and Becca knew her and recommended her to me. Her name is Amanda. She is super sweet and I love her! She's from Decorah which is kinda cool cuz I'll be able to go visit her family on weekends and stuff with her. She is an elementary ed major which is cool cuz that is something I am considering. And she has a boyfriend who will be here next year. So it'll be nice to have someone in a similar situation as me. (She and her boyfriend have been dating like exactly 4 months longer than Sam and I). And yeah now I am just really looking forward to next year and starting fresh with a new roommate and whatnot.
This weekend was an interesting one. I tried really really hard to find a ride to Madison on Friday but to no avail. Then I talked to Sam Friday night and pretty much had a little mental breakdown. I just said that I felt like I could not deal with a long distance relationship anymore cuz it was making me so unhappy being apart from him. And I said I just didn't know what I could do. And he kinda thought I meant I wanted to break up. So he made an emergency trip down to Decorah on Saturday. And we had a long scary talk about what to do. We decided that next year cannot be like this year because I have been so miserable being apart from him. He said that he wants to be with me but not if it makes me unhappy. So we considered taking a break so I could learn to live without him and be happy. But neither of us really liked that idea one bit. So in the end I decided that I need to learn how to be happy here at school, or at home, or anywhere else even if I am not with Sam. So we decided to stay together. And I am committed to keeping myself happy here and learning to be a little less dependent on Sam. So far it has been going well. I've hung out with a ton of people this past week and been overall in a much better mood.
That being said, I've decided to not transfer and stay here next year. I've always known that was the best decision for me, even if I wasn't willing to admit it. I think next year will be much better and I am really excited to start fresh with a new roommate, new classes and a new outlook on life.
Also, my great grandma Butler passed away last weekend. She was 98. I am actually feeling happy for her because she was really unhappy in the nursing home where she was and I think she is probably in a much better place now :) So I am going home Friday because her funeral is on Saturday morning and I will be singing at it. Friday night I am gonna go see Charlotte's Web and hopefully see some of you guys there :) Then Sam will be home that night around 10:30. (He drove to Madison from Luther last weekend and he is returning the car this weekend). So he and I will probably hang out for a few hours and finally watch some Planet Earth. Then after the funeral Saturday I am hitching a ride with Maddy and Courtney back to Luther for the Ingrid Michaelson concert! Woohoo! And Augustana and Stephen Speaks.
Sooooo yeah. There is a crazy update on the life of Ali. Hope your heads aren't spinning too much haha.
Love you all!
Lizzie Mae Seems like you got a lot of stuff figured out this week. Which is good.
I'm glad you got the roommate situation figured out.
And decided to stay at Luther.
And everything else. Haha
Love you Allay. And I can't wait to see you Friday!