Lizzie is right, we are growing up. I mean just where we all are now, we have overcame so much this past year.
So this week I started on the top and got rundown a few times, but I am always fighting to stay up. I went home this weekend, much to my own surprise, but it was inevitable.
Next week is going to be of epic proportions. I can’t even describe. So my birthday is Thursday, but that’s not even the half of it. It’s GREEK WEEK! We will be playing campus-wide capture the flag (with glow sticks), bonfires, a mock car crash, lip sync competition, and concert at the end of the week along with trivia and other fun things. I am super excited. Plus, my roomie is making me a “crazy cake” for my birthday, and I get to spend some great times with all the ones that love me here.
Life is really starting to get back on track. I had my interview with camp which went well and I am unofficially employed at Camp Kamaji this summer as a counselor and a dance/aerobics instructor. I am breathing a sigh of relief knowing that I will have a summer that will be worthwhile and help me learn some responsibility, make lifelong friendships, and just escape for a little while. When I am home, I will be working at DQ, and I will try to make it to my cabin at least once, but I will also want to see all of you too if at all possible. I am supposed to be home on May 15th but my friend Grace has Celiac disease and I am going on a walk to raise money for her (if you want to donate any money for the walk PLEASE let me know, it would be greatly appreciated). I also did the cancer walk recently, and another blood drive, which was awesome. This year, we still have our annual pancake feed as well to raise money for arthritis. Who knew I was the volunteering type?!
As far as next year, I volunteered to go back to college early to help the little freshman move in and be part of the pepfest. I am also joining the communicative disorders organization, doing zoomba every week, and joining the cheerleading team. I know I’ll be busy, but it’s nice to have a lot to put on my resume. I realized I have to start thinking about that kind of stuff soon! Plus, I only have 4 classes (besides my beginning jazz class) because they are all more that 3 credits (I have 17 credits total), and I have some time on my hands.
I can’t believe I am where I am today. Sitting in my dorm room, a place I call home, new friends, new mistakes, new beginnings, and soon…we’ll all be out in the world with our life and our jobs our husbands (gasp) our children and it’s real now. I feel like I’ve finally bridged the gap between being a kid and being an adult. I mean don’t get me wrong I am scared shitless for the future, but we’re here now right? A year ago today we were all studying for AP tests and finals and making our senior posters and planning out the details of our grad parties and planning our last final summer.
So this year I made a list of firsts. It’s funny, but this has all happened.
My first time to…
*procrastinate and stay up until 5am working on a project that is due at 8am the next morning.
*sleep next to a boy all night that I am not even dating.
*kiss a boy that I am not even dating.
*be in a room with all boys only!
*NOT do the homework that I was supposed to.
*write many checks and watch my money slowly dissolve away without being replaced.
*go a few days without showering
*wear sweatpants to class
*doodle instead of takes notes all class
*study in a library for 14 hours straight.
*Realize that over the course of a month, I spend at least 24 hours in the library.
*learn to live with people that drink all the time.
*live with a person that it feels like a sleepover every night.
*like two boys at once and not know what to do about it!
*be in charge of 19 girls’ grades and make a study plan for them
*volunteer for multiple blood drives
*lip sync in front of an entire campus of people
*live in a room with no air conditioning
*take a 2 minute shower
*stay in solitude (not coming out of my room) with no human communication for an entire weekend.
*put my to do lists on post it notes
*get incentive to work at a camp and actually make it happen
*go against the grain and do exactly what people tell me not to
*almost get hit by a car numerous times
*trying chipotle and jimmy johns
*wearing balloons on my backpack through campus
*getting pulled over by the cops for no reason
*going to the driving range
*going to bed bath and beyond just to smell all the candles
*joining a sorority
*watching gavin and Stacey
*watching summer heights high
*1 dollar bowling Sundays
*Living at college!
2 comments to Monday (Trina)
-
Maddy cute trina is becoming a cheerleader. :] i like your list of firsts though - i should do something like that once it's the very end of the year. :]
Lizzie Mae I really, really like this post.
Just so you know.
Love and miss you (already).
Hopefully we'll be able to have an epic 2 weeks of summer before you go off to camp... Maybe we should keep this going over the summer? Like with you and Maddy being gone and who knows who else will be... I'm not saying a once a week thing cause it'll be busier and not so on a schedule... but maybe a once you have time thing?
Just a thought...