Tuesday - Mads

Posted by Maddy On Tuesday, August 25 3 comments

At the zoo with my future child. :]

Hello, hello! I don’t think I’ve really written a “blog” since the good ol’ days of xanga. We’ve certainly come a long way since then, ladies. Sometimes I feel like I’m right back there though, summer before freshman year. Except this time we’re getting farther apart, instead of coming together. I’m not trying to get sappy or emo on you girls, I’ve just been thinking about a lot lately, how I feel really similarly to the way I did 4 years ago. It’s kind of old news to you three who have left already, but I have the same anticipation, apprehension, and uncertainty bubbling in my body that I had exactly 4 years ago. And these past 4 years were certainly memorable, in mostly good ways :] I think I’m nervous that I’m not going to find friends who are as great as you guys, or that you will all find replacement wonders and I won’t. Ridiculous fears, I know, because I’m pretty sure we will all stay close AND make new friends in college. No one says we can’t have both :] I didn’t really want to turn this into a sappy “we’re going to college” post, but it’s obviously on my mind. I just want you ladies to know that I truly value the friendships we have with each other and I hope they can continue in the future as we head down our separate paths

In other news, Lakeville is… as exciting as usual. Take that whichever way you please. I am slowly but surely running out of people to call… soon I’ll resort to only the young ones – Garrett, Emily, and Bryton mostly. I feel almost like an old lady who is the last of her friends to survive. That sounds terrible and it’s probably morbidly insensitive, but it’s weird to KNOW that I’m going to be the last one here in about a week. I’ve already had to remind myself not to text Lauren, Lizzie, or Ruairi to see if they could hang out. How am I going to manage without any of you?! Mother-daughter bonding time will take over, I presume. Yay.

Courtney moved in to St. Ben’s on Sunday. I didn’t go up with them though because there was only room for 4 people in the car and Christina wanted to go. It’s kind of strange how my family keeps changing, now that Christina is moving back home. She’ll move her stuff back in before I leave, too, so it’ll seem like old times. Like old, old, old times. So that’ll be kind of weird.

My week has just been a blur of lunches, coffee, goodbye parties, and trying (with various degrees of hardcore effort) to clean my room and get everything organized. oh, and i flew a kite with Ali yesterday. :] I'm just trying to enjoy what remains of my summer and get myself ready for the future. duh. :P

lots of love,

Maddy

lyrics of the week: I was going to find something deep or inspirational but this seemed to be more fitting. "Oh, I'm ready for it, come on bring it!"

3 comments to Tuesday - Mads

  1. says:

    Lizzie Mae i liked that you switched it up with lyrics. : )

    and you'll do great at st thomas, i know it!

    love and miss you bunches!

  1. says:

    roar-e Madddsss!
    Not gonna lie your beginning made me a little sad! And I've realized we will all have to go through the transition and it will be alright for everyone! It's just a new adventure and it's supposed to be the "best time of our life" But yeah enjoy the rest of your summer lucky duck!!

    And I love you mucho chica :)

  1. says:

    Alabama Haha we ARE having mother daughter bonding tonight!

Post a Comment