Hey girlies!!! I'm not really sure where to start. So I have been here for almost a week and it feels weird that most of you are just leaving in the next couple days. I'm not gonna lie... the transition is hard. It gets a little easier everyday but I have looked forward to going to college and being on my own for sooo long that I never imagined I would miss home and my friends so much! I always kinda thought it was one of those things that ppl always said but never quite ever truly meant. But I realize that it is really true! I have found a couple girls that I am getting to be good friends with. And I am seeing more ppl I know around campus but it isn't quite the same as having solid friendships and ppl that you know have your back! A few days ago I was incredibly down. I felt like my world was falling apart and that I would break down into tears at any moment. It was a weird feeling and I felt like that at home sometimes too but it was diff here because I couldn't just go find something distracting to make it go away! And I called my dad and I actually did start crying in the quad...but it wasn't a big scene just not one I want to repeat. And oddly enough it made me feel way better! And I have started to be myself more but I still find it weird just meeting new ppl every two minutes and I'm not forward enough to be like hey let's exchange numbers! But w/e I guess it will get easier!
Oh and the drinking, sex, and drugs references are WAAAYY more than I expected. I mean I knew it was a big deal at college and you all know I don't do that. But they made it sound like EVERYONE does it at orientation and that did not make the transition easier. But I think I am going to a party tonight so we will see how that goes. Woah that sounded like I might drink but I def won't!! It just all throws me off and is out of my comfort zone but hey that's college!
Oh and I actually have a lot more free time here because class times are random! But that just helps me to procrastinate more because I'm all like oh whatever. And everything is close by so it easier to get the random to do list stuff done all the time. So far I have only had three classes! I am deathly afraid of chem now but anthropology is very cool! But that stuff is boring!
Oh and Ali I def agree with you that this blog is making us closer! It's way easier to type stuff on here that some of us would never say otherwise!
I love you girls!!!
<3 Roar
p.s. Funny story.. I got locked out of my room in a towel and had to walk across campus in my robe... that was fun
pps. you guys can skype me anytime
ppps. I'll add pics another time because I haven't uploaded them yet
QUOTE: "you`ll never see the hard days in a photo album, but those are the days that get you from one snapshot to the next."
"As human beings, we need to know that we are not
alone, that we are not crazy or completely out of
our minds, that there are other people out there who
feel as we do, live as we do, love as we do."
sorry this is sooo long!
2 comments to Friday (Ruairi)
-
Alabama Ruairi I love you. Thanks for all the insight, now I kinda know more what to expect! Oh and I am defs looking you up on skype. We be chattin. Cuz I miss you :(
Lizzie Mae like i told you, i totally agree. with everything.
only for me, i havent made a group yet... we'll see.
OH GOD RUAIRI
you WOULD be the one locked out in a towel. ahahaaha why didnt you bring you key?!